Are you experiencing any of these problems?
- I have “dirt” blowing from the vents
- My house smells “old.”
- My house stays dusty
- My energy bills are too high!
These are common complaints that are usually traced back to the HVAC system. New Balance A/C, Inc. can help you minimize and control the Indoor Air Quality problem.
How to Prevent Duct Contamination
Whether or not you decide to have the air ducts in your home replaced, committing to a good preventive maintenance program is essential to minimize duct contamination. To prevent dirt from entering the system.
- Use the highest efficiency air filter recommended by the manufacturer of your heating and cooling system
- Change filters regularly
- If your filters become clogged, change them more frequently
- Be sure you do not have any missing filters and that air cannot bypass filters through gaps around the filter holder
- When having your heating and cooling system maintained or checked for other reasons, be sure to ask the service provider to clean cooling coils and drain pans
- During construction or renovation work that produces dust in your home, seal off supply and return registers and do not operate the heating and cooling system until after cleaning up the dust
- Remove dust and vacuum your home regularly. (Use a high efficiency vacuum (HEPA) cleaner or the highest efficiency filter bags your vacuum cleaner can take. Vacuuming can increase the amount of dust in the air during and after vacuuming as well as in your ducts)
- If your heating system includes in-duct humidification equipment, be sure to operate and maintain the humidifier strictly as recommended by the manufacturer